Sunday, March 29, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 792...EagleUP!!!...AGAIN

b


HappyUP!!! - near ace

Why it happened - I hit a perfect...well, near perfect...7 iron

Why it makes me happy - when they get this close to being a hole in one, there is a part of you that isn't happy. Then you have to say, "I can tap that in for one of the easiest birdies I have ever had." It really exemplifies what the HappyUP!!! process is all about. Yeah, it would have been nice if it had gone in. The fact is that I hit a great shot...let's focus on that and let the ace come on another day.


HappyUP!!! - another eagle

Why it happened - I hit three solid shots

Why it makes me happy - if a birdie makes you happy, what do you think an eagle does? This one wasn't as dramatic as yesterday's when I holed out the 7 iron from 160. This was more traditional. I hit close to the par 5 and then chipped in the third shot....but it was a great chip. Nothing cheap in this eagle at all.

HappyUP!!! - opening birdie

Why it happened - I made a looooooooong breaking putt

Why it makes me happy - it's great to get out of the box in a big way. Love to make birdie on one.

HappyUP!!! - three skins

Why it happened - see the above three holes

Why it makes me happy - I didn't get a single skin yesterday.....not even for the eagle that I made. I got paid back in spades today....very profitable. Profitability always shoots me up with some happiness.

HappyUP!!! - playing with Jack

Why it happened - he needed a game

Why it makes me happy - Jack is a good guy. We don't play with him very often so it was enjoyable to hang out in the wind on the golf course today.

HappyUP!!! - watching Tiger

Why it happened - it was too windy to go outside

Why it makes me happy - I wasn't rooting for Tiger in today's PGA tournament. He'll win his major championships. I like to see other guys get a lift when they beat him....which isn't very often. I always root for the underdog. Today, though, he had a 18-20 footer on the last hole to win the tournament. Before he even takes the putter back, everyone KNOWS he is going to make the putt. It's incredible.

JollyJottings

Birdie....the first hole
Birdie...fourth hole
Eagle...sixth hole
8 iron..7th hole
Hybrid off cart path
Wedge ....10th
6 iron 11th
7 iron 12th
9 iron 13th
3 wood 14th
Drive on 18th
Three skins

No comments: