Friday, March 13, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 776

HappyUP!!! - Toastmasters Area Speech Contest
Why it happened - I was representing our club
Why it makes me happy - we had almost all of our members there for support. We even had an old member there helping out and it was great to see TR again. The program lasted two hours so it ran OK time wise. The venue was great. And as an additional...

HappyUP!!! - I was fortunate enough to win
Why it happened - my speech was more topical and I have a little more experience
Why it makes me happy - I move on to the Divisional contest now. I have been to this level so many times over my 20+ year Toastmasters career that it is not even funny...but I have never won that level. I'd like to win that level just to get to compete on the BIG STAGE at the District Conference. While I am still in the running to become the World Champion of Public Speaking, we'll take it one step at a time and see if I can crack the next elusive barrier.

HappyUP!!! - golfing
Why it happened - uh...yawn...I do it everyday
Why it makes me happy - I got to play with GS...the Squirrel today in addition to my regular golfing partner. My score was off as was my game but more progress was made. There were a few silly mistakes so I could have shot a very good score on a day when I didn't hit it very well. THAT is the next level. I'm getting there.


JollyJottings

Golfin with Squirrel
Golfing fast
Another perfect weather day
Up and down on the first two holes
Birdie
Seeing my old friend TR at the speech contest
Getting supported at the contest
Winning the contest

No comments: