Sunday, September 28, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 609

HappyUP!!! - whipping on the Boz twice
Why it happened - you can find the NutBoz League post here
Why it makes me happy - winning and keeping the upper hand on my bud. It's good for him, too. He knows he is going to have to grind to keep up.

HappyUP!!! - weekly weigh in
Why it happened - it's a weekly deal
Why it makes me happy - I thought that dinner surprise from my neighbors was going to weigh heavy on me today. It didn't and I actually am lighter as of this morning than a week ago. Quarter 4 starts now. I'm 4 pounds down for the year....if I watch it and kick up some exercise, 2008 could be a great year weight wise.

HappyUP!!! - my afternoon round of golf
Why it happened - see NutBoz League
Why it makes me happy - besides beating on the Boz, the ball striking was close to, if not better, than on Friday. Golf is a game of streaks so I am sure that I will be doing some backsliding. The important thing is that, when you backslide, you don't go ALL the way back to where you were before. I keep learning about my swing and am enjoying the mental discipline, control, and to trust my swing. Trusting the swing is key in golf...and is easier said than done. With some greens that weren't chopped up due to scheduled maintenance, I would have had a run at breaking par from the Gold Tees today. I honestly didn't think that I would be playing this kind of golf until next Spring.

JollyJottings


Whipping on the Boz...twice
My afternoon golf round
A few strong 3-woods
Grocery shopping

Pastrami sandwich

No comments: