Monday, September 01, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 582....SKINS!!!!

HappyUP!!! - golf
Why it happened - it's Labor Day and the course was open
Why it made me happy - I made a couple of birdies (I average .5 birdies a round so 2 is good). I got the ball up and down (29 putts helps). Despite 3 double bogies, I shot a good score.....and I got 12 of the 18 skins available amongst our fivesome. That makes for a profitable day on the links and gives me money to lose this month!

HappyUP!!! - texting with my buddy
Why it happened - we like to banter
Why it makes me happy - it's pure childish funny stuff. On top of it, we are getting close to playing some tennis. Usually, we just play golf. I haven't played a lot of tennis over the years but I always enjoy it. This guy used to be good. I need to play him now before he gets back in shape. Otherwise, I am going to get a whuppin!

HappyUP!!! - golf tips
Why it happened - I asked and I watched
Why it makes me happy - I saw in our group hit a shot that I see a lot of people hit. I asked him about it. He told me how to do it. I think I get it though it will take some practice. When I combine this with something I saw on TV today, I think I will have the shot down pretty quickly.

JollyJottings

2 birdies
12 skins
Punch shots
Text messaging with my buddy
Setting up some tennis
Meeting a photographer
Seeing Butch
Getting a golf secret
Getting a couple more golf tips
Stroking the cat

No comments: