Tuesday, September 16, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 597

HappyUP!!! - Toastmasters work
Why it happened - we did an impromptu meeting
Why it makes me happy - our club has seen a drop in membership.....and we have been slow at the switch in recruiting. We had a productive session this morning as we converted our meeting to a strategy meeting. As a result, we have a plan. From that plan, I got our club website up....I bought a good domain name at GoDaddy and got it associated with the club.....and can now move forward with some collaterals. I like the plan we have

HappyUP!!! - stock market
Why it happened - it was open?
Why it makes me happy - yesterday was an absolute massacre. I actually had orders in to sell a bunch of positions at the open this morning. I'm glad I pulled those requests back. Today was a welcome day of relief from the brutality

HappyUP!!! - golf at a different course
Why it happened - I called up my brother
Why it makes me happy - I really didn't play that well. Today, the driver was working....the irons weren't. On Sunday, the driver wasn't working at all but the irons were OK. The plus today was I got up and down with the short game enough to help out my partner who was having a bad day. I also finished with a chip in for birdie on 17 and almost chipping in on 18. Those two plays saved us a bunch of dough.....and it was a good takeaway on a tough day.

JollyJottings

Impromptu Executive Meeting
Club Website Progress
Opportunity to promote club
Stock Market
Golf
Golfing finish

No comments: