Saturday, September 13, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 594

HappyUP!!! - no parking ticket
Why it happened - I got lucky?
Why it makes me happy - I attended a meeting down in Sacramento today for Toastmasters. I figured the meeting would be over in 2 hrs so I metered it at the curb to the max. There were refreshments and this was the charter meeting for a new club. The entire event was 2.5 hrs. The final speaker was so good that I didn't want to ditch him to feed the meter. As soon as he was finished, I went down to my car to feed the meter/pick up my parking ticket. I was ready for the ticked. "Hey, I have paid more money than a parking ticket to see speakers that weren't as good as the last guy," I thought to myself. I had it rationalized. No parking ticket was going to rain on my parade. Guess what? No ticket. I fed the meter for the time I had been there too long...and went back upstairs to thank the speaker for being there. I also bought a couple of tickets to an upcoming benefit he is putting on. Hey, it was cheaper than the parking ticket!

HappyUP!!! - meeting with my painter
Why it happened - we had an appointment
Why it makes me happy - I live in an older home. I believe it would be designated as "Craftsman" style. I was just going to paint the peeling trim and leave the asbestos shingles alone....despite their dinginess. The painter is a friend of mine. He said, "it's your call.....but I REALLY want to paint this entire house and make it pop." I really wasn't going to paint the shingles......because that means RE-painting the shingles.....how many more times if I die in this house? All I have to do now is come up with a color scheme.

HappyUP!!! - speakers
Why it happened - I went to a Toastmaster meeting
Why it makes me happy - this is a new club...an advanced club. I went because one of the World Champions of Public Speaking was giving a presentation. It turns out he had an illness in the family. The club member that spoke gave a very good talk on the reduction of clutter. She'll be giving this presentation to outside groups so this was good practice. I will be putting her advice to use tomorrow. The second person was the fill in. He is also the creator of MONStars of Motivation. He is basically taking the reality TV show concept to the field of motivational speaking. Think you have had enough reality type shows? Well, I have to think this one could be of more benefit than Dancing with the Stars or American Idol. So does Oprah Winfrey. I believe she has bought in! His presentation was something that I definitely needed to hear.

JollyJottings

Breakfast
Meeting with my painter
Going to a meeting
Speaker one at meeting
Speaker two at meeting
No parking ticket
Meeting a fellow native Rosevillian
New Licks

No comments: