Monday, September 08, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 589

HappyUP!!! - Financial Justice
Why it happened - who knows
Why it makes me happy - Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were taken over by the government today....finally. From someone in the industry, I can tell you that FM Watch was formed long ago...probably a decade. Fannie and Freddie were Govt Sponsored Entities that had overstepped their bounds. They played favorites. They didn't play by the rules because they didn't have them....and were not properly regulated themselves. That changes...today. On another note, Kerry Killinger was ousted finally from WAMU today. While EVERYONE has a hand in the mortgage meltdown, Killinger has a good size finger in there....and collected 14.4 million dollars in compensation last year while moving to defend executive compensation as the institution tanked. He was allowed to stay too long....kind of like Fannie/Freddie. The HappyUP!!! is that deeds got done today.

HappyUP!!! - tennis
Why it happened - the golf club is closed on Monday
Why it makes me happy - it wasn't the quality of my play. Oh my....where did those 25 years go since I could properly bat a ball around? The HappyUP!!! is that this is another healthy activity to be able to do and I have a strong person to do it with. He's better but not in shape. I'm not very good, not in great shape, but in better shape than him. The race is on - my partner getting in shape versus me getting better. It's a win - win no matter what. It was funny. At one point he said, "hey, we could practice and enter some doubles tournaments." I said, "do you really want to be standing at the net when the other team is ripping on the serve that you saw me hitting today?" He said, "Hmmm.....good point!" It was funny

HappyUP!!! - breakfast with friends
Why it happened - there was an unexpected guest
Why it makes me happy - the one friend I see all the time. It was nice to have the other guy tag along. I won't share anymore than that other than we had a great breakfast.

JollyJottings

Financial Justice
Continued Silly Attacks on Sara Palin
Keith Obamarman
Tennis
Breakfast
Stock Market

No comments: