Tuesday, September 09, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 590

HappyUP!!! - not too sore
Why it happened - Not sure....I thought tennis yesterday would have taken a toll
Why it makes me happy - I was able to play golf and do things relatively uninhibited today. I was expecting a lot more soreness than I have. I was also thinking I might have some actual pain. This also bodes well for more tennis in the future. Let's see if I get the "pain hangover" tomorrow. Ever notice that sometimes when you do something strenuous that you aren't used to, you feel the soreness two days later and not the next day?

HappyUP!!! - tomatoes
Why it happened - I did some picking
Why it makes me happy - I filled up a 5 gallon bucket!...almost entirely comprised of cherry and roma tomatoes. I was able to hand deliver them to three neighbors. They all happened to be outside so I got the extra, but not necessary, thank yous. I still have more to drop off tomorrow. Here we are in September and I still have the tomatoes going on all over the place.

HappyUP!!! - golf
Why it happened - come on....I do it almost every day
Why it makes me happy - once again, the score isn't where I want it...but the ball striking is getting there. I was only 3 shots off my best round so far.....with 4 double bogeys and I made no putts. In the past, I would have had to play well to shoot what I shot today. Today, with a bit better concentration, I could have easily been 7 shots better.....and that is without asking for a bunch of things to happen. The game will get there.

JollyJottings

Tomato picking
Tomato delivering
Visit from neighbor
Backyard chipping
Golf...driving the ball
Stopping by my brothers
Given a test club
E-mail from a sweet friend
Breakfast from the garden

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tomatos! I'm jealous. *smiles*