Monday, January 24, 2011

HappyUP!!! Day 1456


HappyUP!!! - best round of the year
Why it happened - found a little "sumptin sumptin" the other day
Why it makes me happy - I play golf for many reasons....and they change over time. Recently, it's just to be outdoors with the guys....enjoying "my office" and not too focused on trying to be "the player." After finding the swing glitch, the thoughts start to change. It's only January...course plays long...and to fire up this round....hmmmmmmm.

HappyUP!!! - doing a favor
Why it happened - I was asked
Why it makes me happy - hey....I know this doesn't qualify me as an Eagle Scout. I'm not bragging either...because it really was nothing for me to do it. An elderly lady asked me in the grocery store to grab an item off the top shelf. I did it............and it made me happy. What is this blog all about? It's the things that make you happy.

HappyUP!!! - mac n cheese
Why it happened - I bought some
Why it makes me happy - I don't know how long it has been since I made a box of that Kraft deliciousness. I even bought a little ham to cut into it. I added garlic salt...in honor of my late brother who always loved his like that. As I was eating it, I thought, "is Kraft Mac N Cheese the ultimate comfort food?" Could be

HappyUP!!! - 7 iron into 17
Why it happened - a bit of talent
Why it makes me happy - my drive was not good. I ended up with a "hanging lie" which is easy to mishit. This shot went up perfectly....cutting left to right....exactly AT the pin...dead on line...just 10 feet short. Not a lot of people can hit that shot...heck...about 4 days ago, I couldn't hit that shot!

HappyUP!!! - putt on 3
Why it happened - it was a perfect stroke
Why it makes me happy - my start on first two holes was rocky. This 40 footer was hit perfectly...right in the jar...and the ship was righted early on.

HappyUP!!! - 8 iron on 16
Why it happened - see HappyUP!!! 1 above
Why it makes me happy - I wasn't able to pure an iron like this one a few days ago. This was a thing of beauty

HappyUP!!! - wedge into 13
Why it happened - great swing and gauge
Why it makes me happy - when that pin goes back right, it's tricky on this short par 4. I picked the right club...slightly opened the face to send the ball higher and reduce the distance it would go....and put it within 3 feet of the cup.

HappyUP!!! - 9 iron into 10
Why it happened - part was due to a crappy second shot
Why it makes me happy - I had just hit a great drive. My second shot was horrible. I don't let the previous shot affect my next one by and large. I proceeded to put this 9 iron to within 4 feet of the pin.

JollyJottings

Sand shot 1....5 iron 2...putt on 3....7 iron on 5...wedge on 6....chip/putt on 7...7 iron on 8...7 iron/putt on 9....9 iron on 10...7 iron on 11....wedge on 13....hybrid/pitch/putt on 14....8 iron on 16...7 iron on 17....drive/flop shot on 18

Best round of year
Tremendous weather
Great guys
Excellent relationship
Peace


No comments: