Tuesday, September 15, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 962

HappyUP!!! - birdie on two
Why it happened - I hit the best 60 yard pitch shot of my life
Why it makes me happy - I pulled my second shot on this par 4.....into the oak tree on the left. The ball bounced straight back. I have one foot practically on a cart path. I have to pitch this about 45 yards under a tree, stay way right of the pin due to a sloping green, and then have it release another 15 yards on the green. I hit the shot perfectly. It rolled well right of the pin. Laf said, "wow, that's pretty damn good" or something to that effect. The ball then rolled back to the left.....down the slope.............BAM!......right in the jar.

HappyUP!!! - Toastmasters
Why it happened - it's Tuesday and we have LOTS of members
Why it makes me happy - where do I start here? Our table topics winner was scared to death...we could all see it....and she did a great job despite being petrified. She was funny...funny...funny. Our two speakers were giving their second speeches and they are so far along and on their way to finding their groove....we needed volunteers for next week and they were all jumping in....we had a delightful guest there that will be joining. Great stuff.

HappyUP!!! - driving the golf ball
Why it happened - finally, I am finding "the plane"
Why it makes me happy - I am hitting the ball longer.....finally. I was actually driving up and with the Great Hansoni today. I can scramble by hitting the ball shorter but longer, straighter driving provides more opportunities to play offense

HappyUP!!! - some absolutely stellar iron strikes
Why it happened - da plane....da plane....I have found da plane
Why it makes me happy - when you hit an iron, particularly a 4, 5, or 6 iron, "on the button," the gratification is immediate....you feel it. I made some absolutely pure strikes today.



JollyJottings

Toastmasters
Guest
Table Topics Winner
The two speeches
The volunteering
Stock market
The Driver
The Swing
3 birdies
Bonus 9......5 iron....5 iron....7 iron....drive on 5....6 iron.....4 iron.....wedge on last hole
Good Facebook exchanges
E-mail from a friend

No comments: