Wednesday, September 09, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 956

HappyUP!!! - 4 birdies
Why it happened - there were some great shots involved
Why it makes me happy - while I have had 4 or more at other courses, 4 birdies is the most I have had at my home course. Yep....hard to believe but it's true. Hey, I'm not a birdie machine. It was good to push the bar up by one today.

HappyUP!!! - chip in and near ace
Why it happened - see the above
Why it makes me happy - the near ace had us thinking, "is this the day?" while we walked up to the green. While the answer was "no", kick in birdies are great. The chip in? As I looked at the situation, I thought, "guys on tour would be looking to make this one," and then I hit a lovely little pitch shot.

HappyUP!!! - winning a putting contest
Why it happened - I "aced" the last hole
Why it makes me happy - I was doing an informal little game with the best player at our club.... and a guy who is a better putter than me. We were tied when I led off the final hole....and I will be damned if I didn't run that 20 footer into the hole....wheeeeeee! He'll need to go practice his putting now.

HappyUP!!! - phone call with a friend
Why it happened - we'd been swapping calls
Why it makes me happy - we had a great talk....one that was overdue. I'm sure will get together
and swap tales in person soon.


JollyJottings

4 birdies
accupuncture
Seeing a birdie on the last hole
Winning a putting contest
Trading bar talk
Hitting some balls
Phone call with a friend
2 sandies on the back 9

No comments: