Wednesday, September 02, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 949

HappyUP!!! - accupuncture
Why it happened - golfer's elbow
Why it makes me happy - it will still take a bit but I know this treatment has helped me before.... plus I like my doc. Cool person to visit with

HappyUP!!! - AT&T Store
Why it happened - my phone went dead
Why it makes me happy - I was in a hurry.....and I was in and out of that store in about 15 minutes with a new, temporary phone with all of my data transferred. The person was super helpful and I will be going back to see her over the weekend for that SmartPhone.

HappyUP!!! - phone call from a friend
Why it happened - my friend returned my call
Why it makes me happy - we got caught up and will be grabbing some coffee together soon.

HappyUP!!! - a crisp pitching wedge
Why it happened - I was frustrated
Why it makes me happy - I was hitting the ball poorly today.....and have been for a couple of weeks. After yet another poor shot, I decided, "I am going to take the club back shorter and just FIRE through the hitting area." BAM! I then said, "hmmmmm....isn't that the way you were swinging last year when you were playing really well?" Need to do a little work on the range but I started hitting it better....and with less effort

HappyUP!!! - drive on 6
Why it happened - I went back out to play a few more holes
Why it makes me happy - I had played 18. One of my buddies was on the 6th so I decided to go out and join him for some bonus holes. He hits it a LOT farther than me. He hit his drive pretty well......and then I knocked it 5 yards past him. Now, he still hits it farther than me but he was extremely surprised to see my ball past his....the HappyUP!!!!

HappyUP!!! - up and down on the last three holes
Why it happened - I executed some tough shots
Why it makes me happy - I needed to get all three of these up and down to save par or my buddy would have owned me. The SuperHappyUP!!!! came on 18....my buddy was on the green in 2. I was faced with a long bunker shot that was easy to mess up. I knocked it to about 4 feet and made the putt which saved me some geeters.

JollyJottings

A crisp pitching wedge
Up and down on 16 and 17
Sandie on 18
Drive on 6
3 wood both times on 14
Call from a Toastmaster buddy
E-mail from a friend
Call from another friend

No comments: