Tuesday, September 08, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 955

HappyUP!!! - icebreaker
Why it happened - Toastmasters
Why it makes me happy - a new member gave her first speech today. As a visitor, two weeks ago, she was crying at the thought of being asked for her impressions of the meeting. Today, she was giving a speech....she almost lost it.....but persevered......and cracked everyone else up in the process. I KNOW she is feeling better tonight about herself.........and THAT is why I go every week.

HappyUP!!! - mentor meeting setup
Why it happened - my mentee asked
Why it makes me happy - see the above. I love going one on one....asking questions.....and helping people figure things out for themselves.

HappyUP!!! - booking a trip
Why it happened - a friend has a free room for me
Why it makes me happy - I'm heading to Hawaii.....and all it is costing me is a plane ticket. My friend doesn't care about eating out so we'll probably eat simply at home......and keep it cheap and simple....in Hawaii......and that works for me.

JollyJottings

Icebreaker
2nd Speech
Toastmasters Meeting
Booking the trip
Giving a friend some help
Cracking up on Facebook

No comments: