Friday, September 04, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 951

HappyUP!!! - meeting a new guy at the club
Why it happened - he joined us for a bonus 9
Why it makes me happy - JB seems like a really nice guy....and another guy we can tee it up with. Always good to add to the fun.

HappyUP!!! - stock market had a good day
Why it happened - I have no idea
Why it makes me happy - it was a dodgy week but we had a nice recovery the last two days....nice to know the dough is still there.

HappyUP!!! - wedge to 13
Why it happened - perfect shot
Why it makes me happy - whenever you hit any full shot to kick in range, it's a HappyUP!!!....all the way from when you hit it until you get to the green because you KNOW you are done golfing on that hole.

HappyUP!!! - text from a friend
Why it happened - I have a tournament tomorrow
Why it makes me happy - always feels good to know someone is rooting for you.

HappyUP!!! - playing with my almost in-law
Why it happened - he's thinking of joining our club
Why it makes me happy - my brother's brother in law is a solid golfer. First time on our track today and he shot 71...and hardly ever plays. It's good to watch someone that hits the ball solidly all the time........while, at the same time wondering, "why the heck don't I do that?"

HappyUP!!! - running down a couple of birdie putts
Why it happened - I'm a pretty decent putter
Why it makes me happy - one putt had to be 35-40 feet with 4 feet of break...it took awhile to get there....and it looked so good all the way. The other one went in from about 20 when my opponent had hit it within about 8 feet. Whenever you knock yours in, it makes the other guy's a little longer.

No comments: