Friday, September 11, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 958

HappyUP!!! - mentoring appointment
Why it happened - my mentee and I set it up
Why it makes me happy - it felt good to share some valuable advice, get to know a Toastmasters member, and learn a few things myself. Mentoring is a SACRED privilege

HappyUP!!! - pars from the junk
Why it happened - I was recovering all day
Why it makes me happy - I made two pars with penalty strokes. I hit one out of the pond to withing 8 feet and made that for par. I had a sandshot almost fly in the hole and made that putt. Obviously, I wasn't striking it very well today....but recovering. It's all part of the game

HappyUP!!! - knocking down the pin on 13
Why it happened - I hit a heck of a wedge
Why it makes me happy - it actually may have been a bad break to hit the pin...the ball may have gone in or left me with an easier putt. Still, I hit the wedge exactly like I wanted and it was beautiful to watch it in the air as it sailed toward the target.

HappyUP!!! - reconnecting with a couple of friends
Why it happened - I reached out
Why it makes me happy - I thought one buddy had disappeared. We'll make sure we get together soon. It's good to keep the friends.

JollyJottings

Mentoring
Par on 3 with a penalty stroke
Greenie on 4
Drive on 5...and 6
Par from pond on 7
Par on 10 with penalty stroke
Sandy on 11
Knocking the flag down on 13
Second shot on 18
Reconnecting with a couple of friends

No comments: