Tuesday, August 25, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 941

HappyUP!!! - my speech today
Why it happened - I was scheduled at Toastmasters
Why it makes me happy - when you have the right message at the right time to the right people, it is exactly what a speaker lives for. I delivered right on the money today. It makes me feel like I put this gift to good use today

HappyUP!!! - new fellow Toastmasters
Why it happened - we have been growing
Why it makes me happy - the new people are taking roles with responsibility....and knocking it out of the park. If an experienced Toastmaster had come to our meeting today, she would think that this is one experienced group. She would be blown away that the vast majority of these people have been members for less than two months.

HappyUP!!! - seeing a hole out eagle
Why it happened - my opponent hit a great shot
Why it makes me happy - OK....it was on the last hole...one swing of the club took a for sure win to me and turned it into a loss. That's not a HappyUP!!! but it was a great shot to see.

HappyUP!!! - a birdie and a double skin
Why it happened - I hit a great wedge and a lovely putt
Why it makes me happy - we had $220 in the pot.....and I got $41 back for my $20 buy in. I love to win dough on the course.

HappyUP!!! - nearly holing a bunker shot
Why it happened - I hit it in the bunker in the first place...and then put a good move on the next shot
Why it makes me happy - it wasn't a difficult shot but that doesn't mean that you won't blow it....especially on a day when my short game SUCKED!

HappyUP!!! - a work offer...not a job offer
Why it happened - a friend thinks a lot of me
Why it makes me happy - my friend put an interesting proposition on the table for me to think about.....and my curiosity is peeked. This could be just the thing that may work EXTREMELY well for me.

HappyUP!!! - meeting with the librarian
Why it happened - she needs a program
Why it makes me happy - I love to share public speaking tips and techniques with others. In January, I'll get another chance to do that....and earn a few dollars for our club. Win...Win...Win

JollyJottings

My Speech
Fellow Toastmaster's Speech
Two guests
A great meeting
Getting lab work done
Meeting with a librarian about a program
An interesting work, not job, offer
Birdie and a double skin
Two birdies
Seeing an eagle from the fairway
Playing with good players
Birthday lunch in process
Sandy par and winning the hole

No comments: