Wednesday, August 12, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 928

HappyUP!!! - sandy on 15
Why it happened - I hit a good bunker shot...and a greater putt
Why it makes me happy - I was on a comeback.....had to keep the momentum going....I managed to hold on and escape with a slight win today

HappyUP!!! - PENO at the State Am Match Play
Why it happened - he's pretty good
Why it makes me happy - PENO (Public Enemy Number One....one of my golf buddies) made it through the qualifying and then won both of his matches today. You always feel good when your friends are doing well......or, at least I think you should. I do....so HappyUP!!!

HappyUP!!! - fences and cart paths
Why it happened - my golfing opponent is lucky
Why it makes me happy - this is an interesting one. I wouldn't say this made me happy...but it gave me a story. My golfing buddy (who shall remain nameless due to how tall he is) jacked a ball dead left on 17.....and I mean low, left, and hard. It was heading toward someone's house...."quick, hide the kids"...when all of the sudden we hear a big "CLANG" just like church bells. It was the thin picket wrought iron fence the ball hit. We then immediately here the unmistakeable "click" that a ball makes when it hits a cart path. We knew immediately that his ball did not go out of bounds, travelled 20 yards over elephant grass where the ball would be lost, back at the cartpath and would end up being back in the playable grass. We drove up to the scene of the accident, made sure no one was hurt, and there it was.....his ball....with a chance to get to the green without penalty. One of the luckiest breaks I have seen in 36 yrs of golfing.

HappyUP!!! - e-mail from a birthday buddy
Why it happened - I sent a Happy Birthday wish
Why it makes me happy - I had lost touch with this individual....good to re-establish contact

HappyUP!!! - coffee
Why it happened - it's Wednesday
Why it makes me happy - we had a good chat....and we got to meet one of the coffee workers that takes care of us and here a piece of her life story that was surprising.



JollyJottings

Coffee
Meeting a coffee worker
Invite to away golf
Teeing up with different people
The afternoon match
Making the putt on 15
Hole 18
36 holes
E-mail from a friend having a birthday
E-mail from another friend

No comments: