Tuesday, August 11, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 927


HappyUP!!! - Toastmasters
Why it happened - it's Tuesday
Why it makes me happy - two more excellent icebreakers.....a new member joined....and a guest visited for the first time and I am pretty sure he is going to join. Growth!

<----Camping anytime soon...take along this pair.

HappyUP!!! - hybrid on 8 in the afternoon
Why it happened - I hit an OK shot... and got an incredible bounce
Why it makes me happy - I was playing a "bonus 9" with my buddy. He was beating me like a bad habit. I had started a comeback. I then hit a substandard drive that left me 205 to the pin. He had crushed one to a mere 150 yards. Things didn't look good. I hit the shot and it was veering slightly to the right....until it landed and got an incredible kick to the left. It ran all the way to 3-4 feet from the pin. My opponent had been getting ALL the breaks.....the HappyUP!!! was that I got a little help from the golf gods

HappyUP!!! - putt on the final hole in the morning round
Why it happened - I had just blasted out of a buried lie
Why it makes me happy - I had huge presses riding on this hole. My putt was slightly downhill right to left from about 12 feet. My putting had not been good. As soon as I hit the putt, I pretty much knew it was in.....and saved my bacon.

HappyUP!!! - wedge on 13
Why it happened - my wedge game has been good
Why it makes me happy - prior to the shot, I told my opponent, "I have been forced to issue a disclosure that you or anyone else should not stand anywhere near that pin." I then hit it to three feet......suhhhhweeeet.....for the birdie.



JollyJottings

Wedge into 13
7 iron into 15
Wedge into 3
Hybrid into 5
Wedge into 6
5 iron into 7
Bunker shot on 9...first round
Putt on 9 ...first round
Hybrid into 8...second round
Driver/9 iron into 9...second round
Call from PS
A great "bonus 9" match
Seeing my friend
Toastmasters....new member...guest

No comments: