Sunday, August 23, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 939



HappyUP!!! - HiJinx on the final hole
Why it happened - my partner hit his second shot into the mud
Why it makes me happy - see the attached pictures! I tried to tell him, "you have to hit the shot with conviction." It's what makes the mud and splatter go more toward the hole.....and the ball too. I think some conviction was lacking as the ball did not find the green.....and the mud found my partner. Funny stuff

HappyUP!!! - sandy on the last hole
Why it happened - my iron shot came up just short
Why it makes me happy - my partner was obviously little help on the hole when it was all coming down the line. While my bunker shot was easy, it doesn't make it automatic. I knocked it out to within "gimmie" range. It's great to come through in the clutch

HappyUP!!! - finding stuff
Why it happened - stuff gets lost
Why it makes me happy - I thought I had lost a golf glove that I had only worn once....found in my golf bag. I thought my cell phone was misplaced....found in my golf bag. I was searching for my golf ball a few times today....for the most part, I found it....along with some quality, like new balls to boot. Finding stuff saves you dough and inconvenience. HappyUP!!! as I am all about both of those

HappyUP!!! - birthday wishes
Why it happened - tomorrow, I turn fiddy
Why it makes me happy - I made it....and I am looking forward to a great day tomorrow.

HappyUP!!! - Morning Pages
Why it happened - I was re-reading a book last night
Why it makes me happy - the morning pages are something I do from time to time. As I sit on the precipice of fifty, I decided it might be a good time to do this exercise for a bit again. It made me think of the one thing that would really make me happy for my birthday....and I am doing it!

JollyJottings

Winning some bets
Two birdies
HiJinx on the final hole
E-mail from a friend
Solheim Cup
Decent round of golf...last one

No comments: