Monday, August 17, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 933

HappyUP!!! - golf tournament
Why it happened - I was invited
Why it makes me happy - a gal at our club needed someone to fill in for her husband so I am playing a couple of golf courses I wouldn't normally play....with 4 meals...and prizes....and the price is nominal.

HappyUP!!! - the couple we were paired with
Why it happened - gotta play with someone
Why it makes me happy - the lady was probably around 60 or so....and she was a kick. There is something about an older gal dropping the F-bomb on a golf course that cracks me up......and she went to Yale! I think, prior to retiring, she may have been an EnBoldglish teacher.

HappyUP!!! - three birdies
Why it happened - wedge and putter
Why it makes me happy - I played like crap today.....but on these three holes, I was shining. A birdie is a HappyUP!!!....a birdie on a course I don't know is better.....three of them is a good day.

HappyUP!!! - one out of the lead
Why it happened - I three putted the last hole
Why it makes me happy - the three putt didn't put a smile on my face to end the day....but we managed to ham-n-egg it around and are only one shot out going into tomorrow.

JollyJottings

Birdie on 2
Two more birdies
Our playing partners
Bringing it back on the back nine
Getting a drop in appointment

No comments: