Tuesday, December 30, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 702

HappyUP!!! - Toastmasters
Why it happened - it was an on week
Why it makes me happy - a new member gave us a check today. I gave a great speech.....a recycled one about the poet Robert Service.

HappyUP!!! - a golf match with the kids and Boz
Why it happened - Boz set it up
Why it makes me happy - Boz and I took on two of the kids from his high school golf team. The battle came down to the last putt when M made a four footer to beat us by 1! I hit two of the best shots of my life in the clutch on 17 and 18...it's a HappyUP!!! when you can turn it on anytime but especially when the chips are down.

HappyUP!!! - my Christmas present came in the mail
Why it happened - my bro and sis-in-law ordered it for me
Why it makes me happy - it's a golf cart cover to go with the portable heater they gave me......and it got really cold out on the course today. I'm riding in a cart tomorrow....enclosed and toasty!

HappyUP!!! - insurance paperwork in
Why it happened - I finally G.O.M.A. (Got off my......)
Why it makes me happy - I have been on Cobra since May. This little move should save me a couple hundred bucks a month....just have to wait to get processed and approved. Hmmmm.....what can a guy do with a couple hundred bucks a month extra? It will be a HappyUP!!! figuring it out!

HappyUP!!! - back to back birdies
Why it happened - I showed some skills
Why it makes me happy - back in the day and on an easier course, this happened a bit more frequently. Since joining Morgan Creek in August, my records indicate this is the first time I have pulled this little trick off. A birdie is always a HappyUP!!! but, when you string them, it's a SuperHappyUP!!!

JollyJottings

Delivering a speech
Remembering Sam Magie
A new member
Only stiff and a touch weak...on Day 5 after workout
A golf match with "the kids"
Teeing it up with Boz
Orange
Insurance paperwork in
Back to back birdies
7 iron on 3...wedge on 4...9 iron on 5....8 iron on 6....6 iron on 7....5 iron on 10....wedge on 12....7 iron on 13 ....hybrid on 17....7 iron on 18
My Xmas present came in the mail

No comments: