Thursday, December 25, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 697.5 Xmas Day 2008...Be a HappyUP!!! Animal!


What the heck is this? - a second round of HappyUP!!!s on the same day. Yeah, that's right. You can do them whenever you like...

If you want to do three HappyUP!!!s - in one writing, that is the minimum

If you want to do 4, 5, 6, 10 - at a time...you can do that too

You want to do an entirely different set? - hey, they do that when they workout....just make sure every set has 3 reps of HappyUP!!!s.

I have to laugh - at something I heard today. It was Xmas....there was some HappyUP!!! finery given out for presents. Someone said, "what is that?"

Someone else said - "that is his blog."

Someone else chimed in - "somebody has way too much time on their hands!"

There was a day - when that kind of put down may have effected me. While I heard it today, I had to laugh. I look at how people spend their time....and they kid me about spending 5-10 minutes at the end of the day getting to relive the wonderful moments of my day.

NEVER....EVER....EVER - give anyone the permission to put you down....especially those that don't get it. I'll get that retort again and I will fire back with the same thing I did today, "the 5-10 minutes I spend on that a day are the most life changing minutes I can spend in my life.

The comment inspired me - look at what I have created here......do you want to call it a diary? I'm good with that even though it's not exactly that. I have a detailed record that I can easily reference what I was doing and what was making me feel oh so good on any of the last 690 days....

....and I want the same for you - more badly than I do for myself. I want you to be a HappyUP!!! hunter every single day. Remember what the Constitution of our great country says....

"Dedicated to life, liberty, and THE PURSUIT of Happiness" - it doesn't say "life, liberty, and wait for happiness to come." It says PURSUE.

I won't stop this - because I want you to GOYA (figure out the acronym...I'll give you a hint....Get Off are the first two words.....Your is the third.......grind out word four, Einstein) everyday and start looking for what goes right in your world.

Here is some more HappyUP!!!s

HappyUP!!! - P90X workout
Why it happened - I finally opened the box
Why it makes me happy - I got through the first workout.......and I sucked! I was so weak it wasn't even funny. Do you know what the great thing about being so weak is? I have no where to go but UP! There is no doubt that this program is going to help me build some strength and flexibility.......exactly what I need on the golf course.

HappyUP!!! - my attitude
Why it happened - I "get it"
Why it makes me happy - this one is realted to the P90x and is about my mindset. These folks were doing incline pushups with their feet up on a chair. After some regular push ups, I had to get on my knees to finish the workout....but my arms were burning as much as theirs even though I could only do a fraction on my knees of what the people on the video could do straight up. Pull ups was the same thing....I had to get a chair and put a foot on it to help me do more than one....but I used my arm and pulled to exhaustion. Failure? No
Depressed for being weak? No. What then?....I did my best (which is one of the Four Agreements....a feature we will be walking through soon here at Nutter's Notes). I'm tight right now....I'll be tight tomorrow....and sore the day after that....but a journey of 1000 miles starts with the first step.

HappyUP!!! - starting the workout
Why it happened - I said, "that's it"
Why it makes me happy - I said, "I'll wait until Jan 1." Then I said, "why should I delay.....I've already had this program in the box for 6 months or more." I took some action. We'll see what the follow through looks like but I have a start.

No comments: