Sunday, December 14, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 686


HappyUP!!! - water shots
Why it makes me happy - they were funny...both of them
Why it makes me happy - hey, sometimes comedy is enough for a HappyUP!!!...especially when a golfer goes into the water.......TWICE...in the same round. I've never seen that. This is my golf buddy, R, gouging it out of the duck soup on 18. His first attempt on 9 was funnier.

HappyUP!!! - finishing golf
Why it happened - we perservered
Why it makes me happy - wet...wind...cold...NOT my idea of a good time. But, don't you feel great when you come in, peel off the wet clothes, warming up and drying off? It's an incredible feeling...you know what I am talking about.



HappyUP!!! - my hybrid into 18
Why it happened - I put a can of concentration into it
Why it makes me happy - the weather had long before ballooned the score. I was ready to pack it in after 9 but the weather seemed to have broken......for about 3 holes. I had nothing going for me after hitting a crappy drive on 18 after my hand slipped off the club. Usually, I would be hitting a 7 iron to a 9 iron into the last hole. Now, I had a hybrid....from the left rough.....all carry over water. I caught that thing right on the button, it soared up to the right, banked back to the left with a draw, and left me with a 25 foot birdie putt back down the hill. Nope...didn't make it. The HappyUP!!! was just having the opportunity!

JollyJottings

Hybrid into 18
Chip on 2
Bunker shot on 4
9 iron into 6
Pitch on 7
Hybrid from bunker on 9
6 iron into 10
5 iron into 11
Hybrid on 12
Getting back home
Breakfast
The return of the Boz
Pictures

No comments: