Thursday, December 25, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 697 - Xmas 2008



HappyUP!!! - my nephews and my neice
Why it happened - it's Christmas and I got a picture
Why it makes me happy - I don't have many, if any, pictures of the three of them together. It's funny that they were springing this on me as I was....well...see the third HappyUP!!!









HappyUP!!! - Nibbles the Dog
Why it happened - my nephew got an early Christmas present
Why it makes me happy - it's been awhile since there has been a dog in the family....now we have Nibbles! Nibbles is about 9 weeks old. He's a Rottweiller. I think he is going to get a little bit bigger. He has excellent markings. Now, if I need to borrow-a-pooch, I have a place to go.






HappyUP!!! - my annual surprise gift
Why it happened - I do it every year
Why it makes me happy - I give the kids cash for Xmas. They can always use it. I try to be inventive in where they find the dough. A bowl of macaroni salad, a vat of pudding, inside a block of ice, inside HappyHands, hemmed into a t-shirt, etc. This year, I framed the picture of me you see to the left but I taped a backing hard to the picture. I thought that they would just tear through the 8 1/2 x 11 picture of their uncle to get to the greenbacks. It would be consistent with Xmas' past. Nope....they actually were careful so they could save the picture. Awwwwww.....my old heart was warmed.

HappyUP!!!

JollyJottings

A morning walk
A last minute gift idea
My nephews and niece loving their gifts
Nibbles the Dog
Poker Tournament
Breakfast
Gifts for me
Thanks from a recipient of a doorstep gift

No comments: