Wednesday, October 29, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 640...It's Hole In One Month..




...if you watch the Golf Channel - (and who doesn't), you would know that October is Hole In One Month.

In honor of that - I did my best today. This is how close I came from about 175 yds in cold morning weather. This leads to my first....

HappyUP!!! - hitting a great shot that DIDN'T go in
Why it happened - I took an extra club because of the cold weather
Why it makes me happy - first, I hit a great shot and it gave me a tap in birdie. Second, I was playing alone. With no witness, the ace wouldn't have counted. I have been playing golf for over 35 years. I have seen about 5 hole-in-ones but have never had one. Because I have a lower handicap, the odds are more in my favor than a lot of people that have had one. With this in mind, it would be worse to have a hole-in-one that nobody saw than to not have one at all.

HappyUP!!! - the painting is done
Why it happened - my painter has been cranking along
Why it makes me happy - the house is looking great now that it has all been put back together. Look for a before and after picture sequence in coming days. The final touch was the new house numbers. You'll see what I am talking about.

HappyUP!!! - three birdies this morning
Why it happened - I hit some good shots
Why it makes me happy - it was cold out there this morning. I had been on a birdie drought. Any day that I get three on the tough course I play on is a good day.....especially when it is cold and the ball isn't going that far. The birdies led to a solid score....another thing that I needed and another reason to be happy.

HappyUP!!! - e-mail from my friend
Why it happened - my friend reads the blog
Why it makes me happy - the info that I got was singled out for me specifically and meaningful.

No comments: