Wednesday, October 08, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 619....TODAY is why I live in Nor Cal


How nice does this look? - teed off at 3:50 with the Boz, never saw another golfer all day (no waiting), and were done by 6:30. I guess the only downside to playing that fast is that we didn't get to enjoy the weather long enough!

HappyUP!!! - new camera
Why it happened - I got off my fanny (finally) after my old one gave up the ghost
Why it makes me happy - 1) I am back in business snapping photos. 2) I have not read the owner's manual and I have the basics figured out 3) The editing software that came with the camera lets me type in captions (see next photo).....that's trouble!....fun trouble! 4) This camera will let me take extreme closeups.



HappyUP!!! - today's round
Why it happened - I make it happen...everyday
Why it makes me happy - I tied my lowest round...a 74 on a 73.9 course rating course. I had a shot at breaking par of 72 today....and I didn't get much help in the way of breaks. I did hole out a bunker shot....that's a HappyUP!!! It's the first one since I started playing seriously again...and it was a great little shot.

HappyUP!!! - the service at Wide World of Golf
Why it happened - I needed a wedge
Why it makes me happy - I needed a specific wedge. I thought I got the right one yesterday. When I got it home, I realized that it was the wrong one. I went back today and they said they could have the right one by Monday or Tuesday. That's pretty good. Then, the guy said, "here is a Volkey which is real similar to the one you ordered. You can use it until your new one comes in." Wow. I try to support my pro shop at the club whenever possible but, when it comes to these sorts of things, you have to deal with a bigger chain. The bigger chain went the extra mile today....for sure.

No comments: