Saturday, October 04, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 615

While I don't think it was sunny enough to bring out the Mexican hats - it ended up being nice enough to squeeze in 36 holes of golf.

HappyUP!!! - our first real rain
Why it happened - who knows....it's way early
Why it makes me happy - it's the firs it rain of the year. It's radically different from anything we have felt for awhile. Hopefully, it is a harbinger of things to come. We really could use some good rainfall this winter...yes, even if it does screw up golf. (Did I really just say, "even if it screws up golf?)


HappyUP!!! - four 5 irons
Why it happened - I made some good swings
Why it makes me happy - in golf, you have shots that end up in a good place....shots that you hit good....and then you have PURITY. You can go rounds between hitting a pure shot. On four seperate par 3's today, I hit PURE 5-irons. One of them HAD to have scraped the flagstick for a near hole-in-one. The feeling that you get through your hands is better than s.....uh......spreading peanut butter on toast. The ball flight is perfect. Yes, we play golf for score but we also play for these shots. I snuck a 4 iron in off a bad lie that wasn't bad either.

HappyUP!!! - the text inviting me for the second 18
Why it happened - my buddy couldn't make it for the morning round
Why it makes me happy - I was going to leave it at 18 holes today....but I did learn a few things in the morning round that I wanted to apply. When I got the opportunity, it was a HappyUP!!! While the round didn't lead to a fantastic score, it did lead to more learning. Anyway, getting the call was the HappyUP!!!

No comments: