Wednesday, October 01, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 612

HappyUP!!! - a new modern day record
Why it happened - I played golf
Why it makes me happy - no, the score wasn't the record. The number of greens hit in regulation was...I hit 14 of them on the 141 slope course that I play on. That is pretty darn good. Once again, the putts wouldn't fall. While it is a shame, there isn't a lot you can do on the greens when they are carved up and sanded. So, in the meantime, you work on the ball striking. I am not sure that I ever hit 14 greens back in my heyday 27 years ago.

HappyUP!!! - a call from my buddy, A
Why it happened - A is a nice guy
Why it makes me happy - not only is it great to hear from A, he may come and visit our Toastmasters Club. It's two HappyUP!!!s in one.

HappyUP!!! - a positive report on a referral I made
Why it happened - the referred and refereeeeee called me
Why it makes me happy - when you stick your neck out there and make a referral, you always worry a little bit. The report that I got for now is both sides are happy. Whew!

HappyUP!!! - golfing weather
Why it happened - who knows...it was weird
Why it makes me happy - my golfing buddies didn't seem to notice but I am always in tune with my environment. Tonight, it was just cool enough to not be warm. There was an entire cloud cover that made it a little dark. It was kind of like right after a spring rain...without the moisture. At the same time, it wasn't humid. It was a very strange yet very pleasant weather situation.

JollyJottings

Finding the crackberry
Getting Toastmaster book work done
Researching for a speech
Settling a petty disagreement
Playing golf
Kicking tail on the golf course
A report back on a referral I made
A call from my buddy, A

No comments: