Friday, October 17, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 628....Here comes the bride...



May I introduce you to the new Mr and Mrs - uh.... hmmm...well....

I'd love to - but I have no idea who these people are

While we used one of our other golf partners - to snap these pictures with my camera....

I did notice that the wedding photographer - took a couple of pictures of me and my buddy, R, along with the newlyweds.

Just think - years from now, this young couple will be thumbing through their wedding album and fondly say, "who the hell were those two guys....and why did they take pictures with us?"

You know - it cost me so little to be part of a couple's lifetime of memories. It makes me wonder why I don't share myself more.

HappyUP!!! - the wedding photo
Why it happened - they were on the bridge at our club when we were making the turn between nines.....and I was prepared with my camera and devious mind
Why it makes me happy - I cracked myself up.....and my golfing partners....I even think the bride and groom were relieved to get a little break from the photo shoot. I wish my photographer would have told me to take my earpiece for my phone off however. That's it! He's fired....sure, he can still play golf but he can no longer be my dresser.
(I really hope that the sweaty smell I detected when this was taken was coming off my golf buddy)

HappyUP!!! - hitting the chip of all chips
Why it happened - I hit the ball where I shouldn't have....
Why it makes me happy - .......then I had to figure out how to get myself out of this little jam. This is the beauty of golf. You have improvise sometimes. I was sitting in a very difficult situation. Then, I thought, "what if I take my wedge, drag it back along the ground, don't set the club with my wrists like usual, sweep through, make the ball rake up the clubface, fly the trouble spot, and then stop really quickly due to the weird backspin this stroke is going to create?" This isn't a shot I practice (...but will now). I hit it perfectly. The ball cleared the trouble, bit, and rolled up to the cup and rested with the ball HANGING on the lip BEHIND the hole (that means that this impossible shot that I was only trying to get within 6 feet SHOULD have fallen in). The round of golf was far from spectacular but this shot was a keeper....and a learning experience.....and why I play golf.

HappyUP!!! - phone call from a friend
Why it happened - we traded messages
Why it makes me happy - we had a great chat....so much so that we agreed that we should get together to exchange more meaningful conversation. I love meaningful conversations and now I have one coming up.

No comments: