Thursday, October 23, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 634


HappyUP!!! - morning golf shots
Why it happened - I got out there before the herd
Why it makes me happy - it's a little tougher to play when it is chilly...makes for a tough start at our tract. Hole number 12 was a bit off track until I stuck a wedge 3 ft...HappyUP!!! Pulled a tee shot on 13....and hit a miraculous flop shot and saved par....HappyUP!!! 14 was playing long and tough.....used the hybrid to put my second shot just short and then used it again for a "chip" that I rolled up into gimme range for an easy par. .. HappyUP!!! On 16, I flushed a 6 iron....HapppyUP!!! when you consider the last 5 times I played this hole I hit it in the pond!

HappyUP!!! - tee shot on 9 (pictured to the left)
Why it happened - I took notice
Why it makes me happy - this was different than the above. I hit a drive but I couldn't see where it landed. It looked like it was headed for the sandtrap which would be an almost certain bogey at best. When I got up to the trap, I saw that the ball had carried the trap....I savored and celebrated the moment. I play with a lot of guys who would just let that pass. I enjoyed enjoying it....and hit a second shot within 10 ft of the pin.

HappyUP!!! - beginning of a new song
Why it happened - I used a recent experience
Why it makes me happy - it reminded me where my creativity comes from....taking my experiences and then exaggerating them. The next thing you know, a story is created....and a song is written.

JollyJottings

Drive on 9 this morning...and second shot
Hole number 12...birdie
Par saves on 13 and 14
Making a putting discovery
6 iron on 16 this morning
E-mail from a friend

No comments: