Sunday, February 17, 2008

HydroponicsUP!!!




"Sprout, you little seeds - sprout!"

Man, if they do - I'll be tearing out even more lawn in a month or two. I've never done the seed thing before.

You see that little setup in the garden window? - I am guessing that I have 150 possible plants going.

Why the heck do I need so many? - well, why not?

I just have a bunch of old bermuda - in the backyard. "Till it all up," I say!......and I just might. Seriously, they make it so easy to start from seed. If this works, it is WAAAAAAAY cheaper than buying vegetable plants from the nursery. We are talking upwards of $300 and I have all of about $30 tied up in this little project as we speak.

If you are in the NutsterNeighborhood this year - you are going to be in luck! If I get a good growing season, I'll be throwin down the botancials to all the neighbors. I am even going to go for corn this year. I have a great sunny spot to throw a few rows of that cobby stuff down.

I think I have lost my mind! - "hey, baby, you wanna come over and water my plants?" may just be the only pickup line I will be able to use if I don't figure out a drip system in a jiffy!

Vegetables - another reason not to leave the friendly confines of the compound! .....Like I needed one.

......and, NO - none of the herbs that you see growing are smokable! Well, unless some fine Oregano gets you off...you can stuff that in your pipe and smoke it.

No comments: