Saturday, February 09, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 377

HappyUP!!! - gorgeous weather
Why it happened - who knows...it's a crap shoot in February
Why it makes me happy - the mosquitoes were out. What? That is no reason for happiness? If the skeeters are out, you know it is a nice day. Almost took the shirt off. That sun felt really nice.

HappyUP!!! - lawnmower in
Why it happened - I was thinking ahead
Why it makes me happy - I have a tendency to procrastinate....really. I got my mower in before the crowd and I will have it back on Tuesday. If you wait until first cut, it can be weeks. The guys at the shop were really good guys as well.

HappyUP!!! - Wayne the Gardener
Why it happened - I heard about this guy so I went looking for him
Why it makes me happy - I have been getting great crops by luck. I would like to take a little more active role in food abundance this year. Wayne works weekends at a local nursery. It didn't take more than 30 seconds of talking with him to know that I was in the presence of botanical greatness. He could tell that I was "a gardener" and not the regular people that come in. He made a joke, "sure, I'll sell you some tomato plants now if you insist," for when they don't listen to him about the ground being too cold. "They'll be back buying a new set of plants." It was like he made me part of his club. You can bet I'll be utilizing his wisdom this year.

No comments: