Wednesday, December 12, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 319

HappyUP!!! - a Christmas present
Why it happened - my old home church people were thoughtful
Why it makes me happy - I received a matted and framed picture of my late father's obituary story
and picture that appeared in the paper. It was well done and will find a place in my home. It's a fascinating story.

HappyUP!!! - a shipment
Why it happened - I needed to reorder
Why it makes me happy - I order clothes by mail. Sometimes I get the wrong size. Last week, I quickly did a reorder to get the right size....and then forgot about it. It was nice seeing that package....and getting some new, correct fitting threads.

HappyUP!!! - a visit to my tailor
Why it happened - I had some pants that needed hemming
Why it makes me happy - my tailor is a mother/daughter shop. They have the most pleasant European accent. They have been doing this for years. They aren't the cheapest.....but they are very good. Most importantly, they always seem to have mirth in their hearts. Tailoring may seem menial....but they joyfully bend down and make those measurements and make suggestions.

HappyUP!!! - two visits with my nephew
Why it happened - I stopped by before work and late tonight
Why it makes me happy - I know he enjoys my visits. It hurts me deeply that he has to be laid up in the hospital. I just feel good when I can help him pass a few minutes of his long days. I know I cheer him up when I am there.

No comments: