Sunday, December 02, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 309

HappyUP!!! - cleaning up my brother's/sis-in-law's house
Why it happened - I made the decision
Why it made me happy - we had the celebration of my father's life at their house yesterday. Many people that were close stayed late. My brother and his wife had been invited to play golf today so I knew they wouldn't be home. I went to their home to do as much picking up and dishwashing and such as possible. I knew they would appreciate it and, after all they did in getting ready for this get together, it was the least that I could do.

NOTE: the above was very selfish....and selfish sometimes gets a bad rap. Yes, I did the above for them....but I knew that it would make ME feel good. Nothing wrong with that.

HappyUP!!! - my sis-in-law called me
Why it happened - because I cleaned up their house (see above)
Why it made me happy - this is entirely different than the above. She didn't have to call me and I still would have been happy because I KNEW she would appreciate what I did. I left the house happy that I helped. I got another HappyUP!!! when she called to thank me. Ahhhh......a twofer!

HappyUP!!! - more time with my nephew
Why it happened - he stopped by his dad's house when I was there
Why it made me happy - we put away the tables together. We got to talk and just hang out. This kid is my own little hero which I can explain at another time.

No comments: