Saturday, April 28, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 91

Three months - it's official. It's there for the entire world to see. Though I had been doing this off line, three months of this daily exercise is in the books. It's just a natural thing to do now.

I wish that I could give you the blessing - of what it feels like to look back on your day, no matter how you think it was in general, and get to re-experience the wonderful things that happened.

Let's look at today - in general. Quite honestly, it was a pretty bland day. I didn't have that much contact with the outside world. It could lead to a feeling of lonliness....of boredom...of disconnection. It could.

It didn't - I thought about it for a second. I almost went there. Then, I said, "who said that 'connectedness' has anything to do with being connected to other people all the time?" Once again, I went to the rule book. The rule isn't there. Someone else made it up along the way. Hey, the way we think we are supposed to live is starting to sound like some of the religions that have been created along the way! ("Nutster, knock that off!")

HappyUP!!! - breakfast with friends
Why it happened - I decided to meet up with some friends who are really more like family
Why it made me happy - I started the day with some laughs. It also meant that I would actually be connected with people today. I didn't have anything on my calender...nowhere that I needed to be today. I can go a day without seeing people on a weekend if I don't have something planned. While it is not required everyday, it is nice to start the day with some good folks.

HappyUP!!! - yardwork
Why it happened - I got an early start
Why it made me happy - while I didn't do major damage, I got a start on some sprucing up that needed to happen. Tomorrow, I'll get a little gardening in.

HappyUP!!! - guitar lesson
Why it happened - I found a tip on line
Why it made me happy - a visual brought some text alive that I have never understood. Now, I see how the pentatonic scales in different positions work. All I need now is to return to the diagrams that have always befuddled me and read them from new eyes. While I am doing that, can anyone send me some finger dexterity?

No comments: