Monday, April 02, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 65...A New Week


HappyUP!!! - Beating the alarm clock

Why it happened - who knows....I woke up at 4:45 am

Why it made me happy - it put me ahead right out of the sheets. You will find that this is a consistent HappyUP!!! for me. For one, I don't like noise waking me up. For two, it gives me a few extra minutes to look forward to the day. Today
, it allowed me to to send out a couple of personal e-mails that I wouldn't have been allowed to. It also made me think, "wouldn't it be great to see the sunrise?" Rather than drive right to the office, I took a detour and took the shot to the left. Today, I am an artist. I call this, "Hopeful Anticipation."

HappyUP!!! - No traffic

Why it happened - I ran early

Why it made me happy - I found out that this is a great time to go to my standing Monday morning meeting. I have a cellular modem in the laptop for work. I got to my meeting way early and just did my normal work there.......free of any traffic stress. This could become my Monday morning routine easily

HappyUP!!! - recognized for good work

Why it happened - my boss heard about what I did Friday. He was nice enough to point it out on a call with my peers

Why it made me happy - I turned in a good piece of work on a new initiative on Friday. I wanted to make my boss proud of this new project that he is unleashing. My teammates did good work too. I combined a little extra preparation, a positive attitude, and years of Toastmasters training to bring my segment alive.

JollyJottings
-email exchange with a coworker negatively impacted by some recent changes
-got some good work off of my desk in quick time
-a late evening face to face with an employee a couple of steps down
-meeting two employees, one new and one that has been with my organization for awhile, for the first time
-a great e-mail from my bosses boss


OH....and one more thing...........the anticipation was worth it.........it came through again....just like it always does




No comments: