Tuesday, April 24, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 87


HappyUP!!! - Toastmasters Meeting
Why it happened - it's every Tuesday...be there
Why it made me happy - we had a small group today. A couple of key people didn't show but people filled in, we had two great speeches, and it was a great place to be. This is one of my families that I actually had a hand in choosing.

HappyUP!!! - An interview
Why it happened - we interview at work
Why it made me happy - I had to break the person down a little bit. We dealt into some touchy feely areas. There were things that I had really liked about the candidate but there was also something that had bugged me from the previous interview I had with him. We brought him in. We got things on the table that most people probably have never addressed with him. At the end, he welcomes getting some coaching.

HappyUP!!! - no traffic
Why it happened - I was off to Martinez to visit pops again
Why it made me happy - when you put in an hour visit, it ends up being about a 4-4.5 hr trip....without traffic. I got on the road just in time to duck under the rush hour today. Coming back, of course, was a breeze. I say, "of course," but I am not taking that for granted either. It doesn't take much to back up traffic out on I80

No comments: