Friday, April 20, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 83...Back in the Saddle


Well...kind of like a saddle - I was actually riding my chair at my office which is kind of like when a cowboy goes to work. After being gone for three days at meetings, it was nice to be back at the nerve center of the operation.

And a stellar day it was!

HappyUP!!! - breakfast with one of my managers
Why it happened - we have it calendered every two weeks
Why it makes me happy - I see progress and hard work and a guy just busting it. He is really trying and starting to put together what I think is going to be one kick butt team. This creates an energy that I look forward to being around.

HappyUP!!! - the MAME Awards
Why it happened - they always happen this time of year
Why it makes me happy - this is one cocktail/social hour that I love. A lot of people that I know come and they are all gussied up. Many of them, I only get to see this one time a year....this is always a HappyUP!!! for me. I love my people out there on the fringe.

HappyUP!!! - "confluence" and "paramour"
Why it happened - I listened to a talk and received an e-mail late tonight
Why it makes me happy - OK...I am a weirdo. I really like it when someone drops a word in that you don't hear very often and it is used well. It is becoming a lost art. No, five dollar words don't impress me. These two words were just smoothly inserted into a couple of communications that I was exposed to.

No comments: