Tuesday, April 10, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 73


HappyUP!!! - hearing a voice from the past
Why it happened - I got a phone call
Why it made me happy - ever have someone call you that you haven't heard from in awhile. They don't even have to say their name. You hear the first few syllables out of their mouth and you quickly and intuitively think, "good to hear from them. I wonder how they are doing." This, of course, is the precursor to asking, "hey, how are you doing," and other conversation. It's a happy moment....that blast from the past.

HappyUP!!! - another friend called
Why it happened - they didn't get my text over the weekend until today
Why it made me happy - while I hadn't lost sleep over it, I did wonder if they had gotten my message over the weekend. It was good to hear they hadn't until today.

HappyUP!!! - gave a solid speech
Why it happened - it was my turn at Toastmasters
Why it made me happy - I didn't have a lot of time to prepare. Lots o stuff going on in the life of the Nutster these days with pops in the hospital. Yet, I took some recent information that I had received and turned it into a speech. It probably wasn't my best talk but it was solid. Sometimes your best is the best under the circumstances and not the all time best.

No comments: