Sunday, April 22, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 85


HappyUP!!! - a trip to Martinez, CA
Why it happened - first time to the VA rehab center
Why it made me happy - well, I won't kid you. This wasn't good but it was better than I expected. At this point in my dad's plight, this was a good beginning. Will it get better? Who knows? We hope for better before the inevitable worsening comes. I shall leave it in His hands. Traffic was light which was good. I caught a thunderstorm on the freeway. Everyone had the sense to slow down to about 30 mph when it happened. Hey....sanity on the highway. That's a HappyUP!!!

HappyUP!!! - Golden State beats Dallas and Denver beats San Antonio
Why it happened - it's the NBA Playoffs...day 1
Why it made me happy - the Davids beat the Goliaths today. Now, I doubt either of them will win their series but they have a better chance tonight than this morning. Plus, the Goliaths are both from Texas. Sorry all of you Dallaseans/Dallasites....it's a California vs Texas thing.

HappyUP!!! - a glint of a rainbow
Why it happened - those atmospheric conditions
Why it made me happy - to come back to town after the trip to Martinez and then catch this rarity, I chose to see it as a message from my late mom thanking me for making the trip. Yeah, it may be far fetched but it's my reality to create (as is yours) and I liked it today.

No comments: