Thursday, April 26, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 89


HappyUP!!! - my meeting today
Why it happened - I have staff meetings
Why it made me happy - there was a lot to deliver. It could have been a huge data dump. As it was, it went just beyond threshold but not a total blowout. The points and vision got across. It was a mentally challenging day. I deem that, for me, mental challenges are a HappyUP!!!

HappyUP!!! - the missing garage door opener isn't missing
Why it happened - I found it when I wasn't looking for it
Why it made me happy - I think there was a post awhile back about me being the only guy that could lose both of his garage door openers and then have to get two new ones. The first of the lost ones showed up sitting out on the lawnmower in the tool shed a while back (no, I never had looked there!). The other one showed up today when I looked in my gym bag. The HappyUP!!! is that I love it when I find stuff. I am now garage door opener rich! (Of course, this should tell you how long it's been since I used the gym bag....oooops!)

HappyUP!!! - my dad
Why it happened - I made the drive to see him at the rehab center tonight
Why it made me happy - I got there and he was out of bed and sitting in the wheelchair. He was talking to his roommate at the VA center. No, he's not back to his old self. It is doubtful that he ever will be as he descends into this final chapter of his life. He was a lot better than the last two times I saw him though. It appears that the rehab center may have been giving him some unnecessary meds because, since terminating the dosing, he is now somewhat coherent and respondent.

No comments: