Sunday, April 08, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 71



Today - for the first time, we go living in the past for a HappyUP!!! No, it isn't because nothing good happened today. Come on...it was Easter! If God sending His Son to Earth to show the way and then allow him to be crucified to show us the way isn't a HappyUP!!!, what is? That's a no brainer.

HappyUP!!! - my "roadie" on Wed night
Why it happened - he offered, I accepted
Why it made me happy - this little guy asked me at home church if he could carry my guitar out to my truck. As you can tell, the guitar is about as big as he is. He just wanted to do something to serve. No expectation that I could figure out. There is a lot more to this but I will keep it to myself. Why did I just post this today? I just downloaded my pictures. I had forgotten all about this. When I saw the picture, it actually made me happier thinking about the gesture than when I received the offer.

HappyUP!!! - the masters and Zack Johnson
Why it happened - he stared down Tiger Woods
Why it made me happy - Zack is a lot like I was in my younger, competitive golf days....a chipper and a putter. He doesn't hit it long like the rest of the guys but he keeps it straight, stays out of trouble, and then scrambles to make up for what he lacks elsewhere. Also, while Tiger Woods is incredible, you could see how much this means to this guy and his family. His background is quite a compelling tale....driving the mini-tours, staying at the motels, playing in front of small crowds, etc. It's the minor leagues except you don't travel with a team. It is a mental game with a lot of easy detours. I really liked this guy today and how he kept it together in one of the most pressure packed situations possible.

HappyUP!!! - Jim Nance
Why it happened - I caught the Golf Central piece on Nance and how long he has been covering sports
Why it made me happy - Nance is so good that you don't even think about the flavor that he adds. He is not looking for the limelight. He is soft spoken....but very well spoken. He said, "I'd give up covering 20 Super Bowls to do one Masters Tournament." I believe him. The Masters - it was exciting and a good spend of time this weekend.



No comments: