Thursday, April 12, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 74...Business Travel

It's Wednesday! - OK....I am posting this on Thursday so I am reading from my journal. It was an overnight business trip just loaded with HappyUP!!!'s. Now, we all know that there is no bed like home...but....

HappyUP!!! - Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa Bed
Why it happened - this is where we did our meeting
Why it made me happy - I don't know if I would want a daily diet (wait...it's a bed...I guess that would be nightly diet) of a bed this feathery and soft, but it was really nice. I don't think they make up beds much softer than this. I won't claim to have travelled the world because, well, I haven't. I have slept around a bit (in HOTELS...and I said "slept" so take your mind out of the gutter). I have been in some nice places. This just felt great on this particular night.

HappyUP!!! - Portofino's in Lafayette
Why it happened - our work group had to eat
Why it made me happy - where do I start? First, I ate at a great restaraunt.....and I didn't have to pay! That's always a HappyUP!!! when the company picks up the ticket. It wasn't even on my expense report. The waiter was outstanding for our party of about 26. The appetizers kept coming. The antipasto was indescribable. Yes, a Caeser Salad was involved. It wasn't the very best but it was still great. And then, the ribeye....oh...the ribeye. Done perfectly with a wrap of bacon. Should I even comment on the tiaramasu? I also got to eat alongside some people that I didn't know or know well. Their company was outstanding.

HappyUP!!! - the drive to the meeting
Why it happened - I went EARLY
Why it made me happy - when you leave Sacramento to go to the Bay Area, you can hit several persnickety
little snarls. I had none of that. I just got on the road and beat the traffic in all locations. Yes, it meant getting up at 4:15 in the morning. I just got to the meeting three hours early, did some e-mails, and didn't have traffic hassles. Traffic and me? I don't do road rage. I have no fears about traffic. I just find traffic to be a waste of time and a bit stressful....so I avoid it.

No comments: