Thursday, September 23, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1333


HappyUP!!! - Area Speech Contest
Why it happened - it happens twice a year
Why it makes me happy - members from our club came in first in both competitions. So proud!

HappyUP!!! - a great invitation
Why it happened - a courageous conversation yesterday
Why it makes me happy - it just does....and it resulted in a wonderful opportunity.

HappyUP!!! - seeing MM
Why it happened - he didn't have invasive surgery
Why it makes me happy - he's hurting a bit....but he is back out on the golf course where he belongs. I didn't get to play with him today but I will soon.

HappyUP!!! - my new golf group
Why it happened - our old group has faded
Why it makes me happy - there is a contingent of retired gentlemen who are nice guys but played from the forward tees. Personally, I like the forward tees...I don't need a daily diet of 7000 yards. In my willingness to "move up," I now have a new group of friends I can tee it up with. I met a few more of them today.

HappyUP!!! - a very solid round of golf
Why it happened - I'm hitting the driver better
Why it makes me happy - the game is a lot more fun when you can hit a green...period....end of story!

HappyUP!!! - bunker up and down on 11
Why it happened - I hit an extremely good sand shot
Why it makes me happy - yes, there is always luck involved....but, in this case....
it was mostly talent and good judgement.

JollyJottings

Melding into new group
Seeing MM on the practice green
Playing some overall great golf
Area Speech Contest
A great invitation

No comments: