Saturday, May 31, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 489



HappyUP!!! - group of guys golfing
Why it happened - it was my buddy's 50th birthday
Why it makes me happy - there is a strange thing that happens when multiple groups of guys that know each other get together to play golf. Even if you don't know some of the guys, it's like you already do. Afterward, you get together and meet up for a beer or two....or a lemonade. It's just nice....and man fun.

HappyUP!!! - GOLF
Why it happened - see above
Why it makes me happy - it was another GORGEOUS day to be out in the sun....absolutely perfect weather . Mid 70's to 80.

HappyUP!!! - my playing partners
Why it happened - they had to put me with someone
Why it makes me happy - I knew two of the guys from a long time ago. It was great to see them . I had never played golf with them so it was nice to spend the time. I played crappy but one of them didn't (see photo to the left) and he got the prestigious trophy.

HappyUP!!! - bowling
Why it happened - it was all part of the 50th B-day
Why it makes me happy - I hadn't done it in a long time. It was fun. I even bowled a 150 which is respectable.

HappyUP!!! - bowling accompaniement
Why it happened - I took a friend along
Why it makes me happy - the person is good company, wasn't doing anything tonight, and gave me someone to talk to that I knew amidst some strangers.

HappyUP!!! - breakfast with my unofficial family
Why it happened - every Saturday
Why it makes me happy - it's a very nice grounding.

Let's look at this - breakfast with my unofficial family, golfing with a nice bunch of guys on a gorgeous day, bowling and a birthday party with a good friend in tow. Life is pretty good for the Nutster!

No comments: