Thursday, May 15, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 473....Bad Lies and Brownies



Today was round one - of the Sunsetter Invitational. Last year, I made a posting about one of the worse lies on the golf course I ever caught. You can see it here
(Scroll down past the cute photo's)

<------This is not my ball - which could be a HappyUP!!!

Unfortunately - it was my brother's ball and he is my partner. That's him...he's walking in the direction that he wants to hit the ball....he's right handed....it was a problem.





Meanwhile - here is my ball across the fairway. Not a very good lie either but playable....especially when just TWO SHOTS LATER on the par 5....the ball would be in the hole for....

HappyUP!!!! - an eagle
Why it happened - I played a great shot
Why it makes me happy - today was a struggle on the links. It was hot.....and windy. It was over 100 degrees. This is unseasonably warm in Sacramento. I haven't had an eagle in FOREVER. For you non-golfers - go ask a golfer what an eagle is and let them tell you if that would be a HappyUP!!!



HappyUP!!! -brownies
Why it happened - I have a nice neighbor
Why it makes me happy - the neighbor lady kittykorner across the street saw me outside and whipped over with some brownies. One.....just the gesture that someone is thinking of you to bring you brownies should be a HappyUP!!! Two......they are DANG good....and sans NUTS! I love female brownies! Moist...moist...moist.

HappyUP!!! - a weird occurrence in the stock market
Why it happened - can't pinpoint this one
Why it makes me happy - while no major trader, all of you know that I like to do a little investing. Today, every single one of my stocks was up. In the long run, this daily phenomenon means nothing. In the framework of this blog, I got a little kick out of this. It was kind of like seeing a rainbow or a full moon.

No comments: