Thursday, May 29, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 487




HappyUP!!!
- dinner
Why it happened - I get hungry?
Why it makes me happy - I got to spend some face to face time with an old friend. You'll find that the Happiest of my HappyUP!!!s revolve around meeting with people. This was a rare HappyUP!!! and one of the best. I hadn't seen this person in 4-5 years. We could have spent even more time than we did.
Bonus to this HappyUP!!! - speaking with my friend's daughter. My friend rang her up after dinner. I hadn't spoken with this young lady in forever....she's all grown up, through college, and has a cool job working for the governor's office. They do grow up fast!

HappyUP!!! - e-mail from another friend
Why it happened - I noticed that she had been "in town"
Why it makes me happy - this friend lives in Paris. I noticed from her blog that she had just been in San Francisco. I shot her an e-mail guilting her for not calling me for lunch. She said she is coming back in July. We'll get that lunch in then. It's something to look forward to. I once heard a phrase that life is about having something to do, someone to love, and something to look forward to. It's something that has always stuck with me.
HappyUP!!! - haircut
Why it happened - it was time
Why it makes me happy - it was a packed house down at the barber shop today. While I can't say that hanging around that crew on a daily basis would do anything but get you in trouble, it's a fun place to drop by once a month. No, you won't find Old Floyd in there clicking the scissors...it's a little younger and edgier crowd. It's not my normal environment....it's good to get out of normal (whatever normal is)_.

No comments: