Sunday, May 18, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 476....Recuperating Sunday

HappyUP!!! - sleep
Why it happened - oppressive heat and a futon pad
Why it makes me happy - to the faithful here, you know that my sleeping has been encumbered for the last 8 months or so. I can't count on it like I used to. Due to an electrical malfunction and 100 degree heat which has not cooled that much at night, I have thrown the futon pad in front of the screen door to find the coolest situation that I could. Miraculously, both nights I have done this have produced very pleasant slumber (except for the person wandering by singing "Hey Jude"........who the heck chooses "Hey Jude" as their nocturnal wanderings anthem anyway?"

HappyUP!!! - tightening the screws
Why it happened - the electrician was here
Why it makes me happy - it seems to have worked. The issue could have been as simple as my main breaker being a little loose. Plenty of AC on yet another 100 degree day here in the big tomato. It was also cool (no pun intended) to get my electrician out here on a Sunday.

HappyUP!!! - lunch with my best friend
Why it happened - he was hungry?
Why it makes me happy - he had just come from putting his dog down. We didn't talk about it much....but I know that he loved his puppy. He had the dog for over 13 years. Besides the dog, my friend and I never have a conversation that is uninteresting.....meaningless? Oh yeah...plenty of those. Entertaining? Always. I was doubled over in uncontrollable laughing mode at one point....always a HappyUP!!!

JollyJottings

Sleep
"Tightening the screws"
Electricity
Lunch with my best friend
Reading/Napping with my cat
A Good Book

No comments: