Saturday, May 10, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 468

HappyUP!!! - learning a new word
Why it happened - a friend sprung it on me
Why it makes me happy - first, I am a bit of a word freak. Second, when a word is found/created that takes something that you had to describe and defines it in one word, it's a quirky little HappyUP!!! for me. Today's word is quatopygia. Latin.....quatio means to shake. Greek....pyge means buttocks. "My, what an interesting quatopygia that woman has." See, it even sounds a lot nicer than what most guys say...or think. I think my mother would be proud of me today.

HappyUP!!! - coffee
Why it happened - I called my buddy for some info
Why it makes me happy - he was at a coffee house about 5 minutes from where I was at. I buzzed over and we kibitzed for an hour on a Saturday afternoon.

HappyUP!!! - the first pepper
Why it happened - it's how God works
Why it makes me happy - my plants seemed to get off to a slow start this year. Who knows.....maybe it wasn't that slow....it just seemed that way. I think worrying is a part of the gardner's makeup.....and optimism too. The worries are being allayed. I saw my first pepper...and my first tomato....both develop this week. Everything will be all right.

JollyJottings (HappyUP!!! contenders)

Breakfast
Coffee
Young ladies at coffee
The first pepper
Apostolos dinner
Poem from a friend

No comments: