Sunday, May 06, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 99

We sit on the precipice - of something that we may be living in for most of the next three years....triple digit HappyUP!!!s

Nahhhhh - surely, I can't do this to 1000....can I?

Well - what better do I have to do?

Before you say - "get a life," re-read the above. What BETTER do I have to do than spend a few minutes every weekend reliving the highlights of the day......and inspiring myself to CREATE more HappyUP!!!s for me and those around me tomorrow.

Hmmmm - .....these HappyUP!!!s may just have something to them.

HappyUP!!! - jumping out of bed
Why it happened - believe it or not, I made the decision before I went to bed. I even wrote it on a note card to remind myself when I woke up.........I never saw the note
Why it made me happy - I got some things done as soon as I popped out of bed. Nope...didn't get everything done today but made some gains

HappyUP!!! - painted the fireplace
Why it happened - I just said, "I need to do that."
Why it made me happy - it wasn't that hard....not nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. I have done some painting in my lifetime but never brick. Fortunately, it had been painted white before. The overcoat was a lot easier for me than for the first person.... I guarantee that. Now, I am ready for the granite hearth!

HappyUP!!! - visiting Dad
Why it happened - I made the drive to Martinez
Why it made me happy - he is doing so much better. The morphine they had him on was unnecessary. Sure, he has a terminal illness now. At least we'll get some time with him being normal....well, as normal as my dad can be! LOL. Hey, if he wasn't not normal.....I probably would be! We played some blackjack. We hadn't played any cards since.....well....uh....probably since he used to kick my butt when I was a kid. Well, it's payback time! ....and in a nice way. I think he liked me beating him out of 14 hands...enough to be back to get even next time! However long I have with him, it's going to be as happy as possible!

No comments: